Sunday 14 August 2011

I'm a sucker for a fairytale...

as you might have guessed already from my blog and the main cards I mostly make tee hee!!!

Anyway today I've been feeling kind of dreadful and so whilst I was bloghopping on my couch I was reminded about this great new bookclub with a twist... Pixie's Bookshelf and was inspired!

so I jumped onto the itunes store and bought my first ever ebook for my iphone... it was so easy... this is what the cover looked like on my phone.... and I love the way I can choose the book off the bookshelf.. looks like I will be filling up that almost empty bookshelf in my phone. lol!


Anyway.. I made my page nice and big and proceeded to read.... for 2 hours... until I finished! It was a light and fun little read :D and then of course whilst the book was still fresh in my mind I jumped headfirst into the Pixie's bookshelf August challenge... to create a card/project using WINGS!!! (still on the couch)

I used this Pixie Studio image that is supposed to be Romeo and Juliet.... but I think it works as Laurel and David at the fancydress dance ... ok he was in a suit there but this still kinda works right? lol!


I'm now looking forward to reading the next books in the series... I do get "caught" up in a series like this a little too easily... I'm also looking forward to see what comes next at Pixie's bookshelf!! :D

5 comments:

  1. I don't think I like you, not only do you read much quicker than me, lol!!

    But you've used the exact image and scene i was planning on using for my challenge entry, great minds eh!!

    Beautiful card, love it :)
    Hugs
    Suzi
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Squeee-ing!!! I am thrilled that you played along with us, Sammi! So sorry that you haven't been feeling well :( but happy that you were able to read, and so quickly! Wow! You rocked this! I loooove the image you used, it's perfect! Brilliant! and your coloring is amazing! Wow!!!
    I hope you're feeling better now! and thanks SO much for playing along with Pixie and Honey :)
    hugs!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Sammi - don't you just love it when you find a 'book' that you can't put down LOL. Must have been a good one for you to finish in a couple of hours. Love the card too. Too sweet. Your colouring is fabulous. You are inspiring me to get some card making done. LOL. Neglecting it.

    mwah
    Trace

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a beautiful card.....lovely scene and wonderful images.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sammi, this is a lovely card and a great image to fit the book!! I love how you added a nose onto the images. You colored that onto them perfectly!! Thank you so much for hanging with the Bookshelf Crew!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me some love - I love to read your comments and to come and see your blogs too!
xxx