Thursday 4 February 2010

THE STAMP SPOT :: ribbon lacing for Ian

Photobucket

Marcia sent a new DT kit - which included ribbons and fasteners... and so this months challenge for the Stamp Spot DT is to focus on the ribbon! yay! I love ribbon!!

I love this gingham ribbon and thought it went well with Ian's shirt - so I did the unthinkable and put ribbon on a boy card... but I think it works ok as there are no bows!! I punched holes in the paper and then threaded the ribbon through it! The papers used are We R Memory Keepers and Cosmo Cricket - The Boyfriend. The stamp and Sentiment are from The Greeting Farm - My Guy Ian stamp set
Pop on over to the Stamp Spot blog to see the lovely creations the others have been making...
and don't forget the moving sale... still lots of great bargains in store!!!

Huge thanks to Trace for stamping me up this image!! Which is coloured in with Copics!


Sammi
xxx

PLEASE SCROLL DOWN FOR 2nd post of the day

10 comments:

  1. Sammi this is soooo sweet, what a great dude card!! I LOVE how you did your ribbon, what a fab idea!!!! Great card girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. well you have been busy, I adore this card and the ribbon does work so well. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work figuring out a way to get away with ribbon on a male card! I love this Ian stamp and your colouring looks AMAZING!!! I sooo want some copics, sigh, when we win the lottery (sadly I probably would buy craft things first if we won the lottery, and then a beach house, lol)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks great Sammi! Love how you have matched Ian's shirt with the ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great card darling. Love the ribbon lacing. It looks great. Great inspiration.
    mwah
    Trace

    ReplyDelete
  6. FABULOUS idea for the ribbon Sammi - I knew you gals would come up with some fun ideas for me to pinch ;)
    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sammi!
    I love your card sweetie and the way you've threaded the ribbon looks fantastic!!
    Seems like ages since I visited you, your cards are all so fantastic!!
    Love Becky xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a handsome lil card, Sammi! I love that you were able to add riboon to Ian!
    I have 2 lil boys, we prefer to call ribbon trim or trimming ;) Sounds more manly, lol!

    ... and thank you for you sweet comment today :)

    hugs, margie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ian is a cutie!! And I really like how you used the ribbon- perfect for a "male" card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that woven ribbon, looks great on here! Great colors and guy card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me some love - I love to read your comments and to come and see your blogs too!
xxx